Maple Sausages & Fried Eggs with Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes
- Small baking dish
- Medium bowl
- Large pan
1/4 cup ricotta sheep cheese
1/4 cup sheep milk, 1l
1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted barrel-churned butter
2 tablespoons medium maple syrup (no 1, grade b
10-12 ounces maple sausages
1/4 cup water
to taste salt & pepperShop this recipe
Roast the Sausages
- Preheat oven to 400F. Place the sausages in a small baking dish and roast for 20-25 minutes, turning halfway through.
Make the Pancakes
- In the meantime, combine the pancake mix with 1 egg, ricotta, milk and water in a medium bowl. Stir well and set aside.
- Rinse the blueberries and set aside.
- Once sausages have been in the oven for 10 minutes, start making the pancakes. Heat 1/4 tbsp. butter in a large pan over medium-high heat until melted.
- Working in batches, scoop out 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan and top with 5 blueberries (you'll want to save some berries for serving fresh). Fit as many pancakes in the pan as possible, without over-crowding. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from pan and set aside. Repeat with the remaining batter and re-grease the pan with butter as needed.
Fry the Eggs
- Once finished with pancakes, wipe the pan with paper towel and melt the remaining butter (about 1 tbsp.) over medium-high heat.
- Crack the eggs into the pan and cook for 4-6 minutes. Season with salt and peppe to taste.
Bring It All Together
- Remove the sausages from the oven. Divide the pancakes and sausages evenly between two plates, along with a fried egg each. Serve with maple syrup and fresh blueberries!