Maple Balsamic Glazed Rainbow Carrots
A great make-ahead (and portable) Thanksgiving side-dish!
1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon medium ground black pepper
1 tablespoon amber maple syrup, 1l (no 2, grade c)
0 fresh herbs (thyme, rosemary, or sage) [optional]
a squeeze of pulp-free orange juice [optional]Shop this recipe
1. Preheat oven to 425F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Slice the carrots in half lengthwise. In a large mixing bowl, toss with oil, salt and pepper until evenly coated.
3. Arrange carrots in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet, and scatter herbs overtop. Roast in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
4. In small bowl, whisk together maple syrup and balsamic vinegar. Pour over the carrots, and gently roll them around to coat. Roast for a further 15-20 minutes or until carrots are tender and caramelised.
5. Remove from oven and squeeze a little orange juice over. Toss lightly.
6. Serve immediately.