Mama's Classic Meatloaf with Mashed Potatoes
- Large baking dish
- Large bowl
- Large pot
- Potato masher/fork
1 carrots, loose
1 egg eggs, half-dozen hope
To taste salt & pepper
9-10 oz. beef, ground beef (harley farms)
¾ cup fresh city's bbq sauce (tomato sauce, apple cider vinegar, tamari, ketchup, paprika, onion powder, cumin, cayenne pepper)
¼ cup sour cream, 14% regularShop this recipe
Preheat the Oven & Prepare the Veggies
• Preheat the oven to 425ºF and grease a large baking dish with 2 tbsp. olive oil.
• Rinse the carrot, celery and parsley. Wipe and dice the mushrooms. Shred the carrot using a grater, and finely slice the celery and parsley.
Roast the Meatloaf
• Crack the egg into a large bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Add the ground beef, panko/breadcrumbs, carrot, celery, mushrooms and parsley. Mix until everything is fully incorporated.
• Press the meatloaf mixture into the greased baking dish so that it’s tightly packed. Rinse and dry the large bowl.
• Pour the BBQ Sauce on top of the meatloaf and spread it evenly with a fork or spoon. Bake for 30 minutes and then let cool slightly.
Make the Mashed Potatoes
• While the meatloaf roasts, bring a large pot filled with water and a pinch of salt to boil.
• Rinse, scrub and slice the potatoes into 1-inch cubes.
• Once the water is boiling, add the potatoes and cook until fork-tender, about 10 minutes.
• Drain them in a colander and let them cool slightly before transfering them to the large bowl.
• Add the butter and sour cream and season with salt and pepper to taste. Mash the potatoes with a fork or masher until your desired consistency is achieved.
Bring It All Together
• Rinse and dice the green onions.
• Cut the meatloaf into slices and evenly divide it between two plates. Serve with a side of mashed potatoes and green onions for garnish!