Macro Veggie Bowl with Avocado & Cashew 'Cheeze'
- Small pot
- Blender/food processor
- Large pan
1½ + ¼ cup water
To taste salt & pepper
2 carrots, loose
¼ cup lemon-maple dressing (olive oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, dijon mustard, sea salt, apple cider vinegar)
1 tbsp. sesame seedsShop this recipe
Make the Quinoa
• Rinse the quinoa in a fine sieve and add it to a small pot with 1 ½ cups water and a pinch of salt. Bring to boil.
• Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer and cook, uncovered, until the quinoa is tender and the water is absorbed, about 10-15 minutes.
Prepare the Remaining Ingredients
• In the meantime, rinse and shred the carrots and beets using a grater.
• Mince the garlic and ginger.
• Peel, pit and slice the avocado.
Make the Cashew ‘Cheeze’
• In a blender or food processor, combine the cashews, garlic, ginger, nutritional yeast, Lemon-Maple Dressing, ¼ cup of water, and salt and pepper to taste.
• Blend until smooth and set aside.
Cook the Tofu
• Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
• Cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes and add to the pan.
• Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Cook for 3-4 minutes and then flip, continuing to cook until lightly browned, about another 3-4 minutes.
Bring It All Together
• Assemble your bowls: evenly divide the quinoa between two bowls.
• Top with tofu, carrots, beets, avocado, and cashew ‘cheeze’.
• Sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve!