Lorenzo’s Quinoa & Tomatoes with Goat Cheese Mousse
- Small pot
- Medium bowl
- Small bowl
- Small pan
1 tsp. whole fennel seed
2 tbsp. biodynamic extra virgin olive oil
2 cups heirloom slicing tomatoes
2 tbsp. sundried tomato & olive spreadShop this recipe
Make the Quinoa
• Rinse the quinoa in a fine sieve and add it to a small pot with 1 ½ cups water and a pinch of salt. Bring to boil.
• Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer and cook until the quinoa is tender and the water is absorbed, about 10-15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Make the Goat Cheese Mousse
• In a medium bowl, combine the goat cheese, half & half cream, and fennel seed.
• Using a fork, whisk until thoroughly combined.
• Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside in the fridge until ready to serve.
Prepare the Veggies
• Rinse and slice the tomatoes.
• Rinse the sprouts. Thinly slice the onion.
• Peel, pit and dice the avocado.
Toast the Walnuts
• Place a small pan over medium heat.
• Once hot, add the walnuts and cook, stirring frequently, until they smell toasted and are
golden-brown, about 2 minutes.
Bring It All Together
• Spread the sundried tomato & olive spread evenly across the bottom of two plates. Top with quinoa.
• Arrange the avocado, tomato and onion slices on top.
• Add a dollop of the goat cheese mousse to each plate and sprinkle with sprouts and toasted walnuts.
• Combine the olive oil and lemon juice in a small bowl and whisk with a fork to combine.
• Drizzle the dressing on top of each plate and season with salt and pepper to taste!