Lemony Almond Trout with Rosemary Potatoes & Greens
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Large pot
- Small bowl
- Large bowl
- Large pan
1 cup seasonal greens (green beans or broccoli)
to taste salt & pepper
3 tbsp biodynamic extra virgin olive oilShop this recipe
Preheat the Oven & Boil the Potatoes
• Preheat the oven to 400° F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
• Rinse, scrub and dice potatoes into 2-inch pieces.
• Add the potatoes to a large pot, cover them with water and place over high heat. Boil until fork-tender, about 10-15 minutes.
• Drain in a colander in the sink.
Prepare the Remaining Ingredients
• While the potatoes boil, mince the garlic.
• Rinse the seasonal greens (greens or broccoli) and cut them into 1-inch pieces/florets.
• Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into a small bowl, removing any seeds.
• Crush the almonds with the broad side of a knife.
Roast the Potatoes
• Add the potatoes to a large bowl and drizzle them with 2 tbsp. olive oil, garlic, dried rosemary, and salt and pepper to taste.
• Transfer the potatoes to the baking sheet and ‘smash’ them with a fork or spatula.
• Roast in the oven until golden-brown and crispy, about 25-30 minutes.
Cook the Trout
• In the meantime, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
• Add the trout, skin-side down and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook the trout until the skin starts to crisp up, about another 2-3 minutes, then flip.
• Continue to cook until the trout is cooked through and skin flakes easily with a fork, about another 2-3 minutes.
Bring It All Together
• Rinse the pan. Return it to the element over medium-high heat.
• Pour half of the lemon juice into the pan and add the seasonal greens. Cook until the greens are fork tender, about 5-6 minutes.
• Add the almonds to the pan and cook until lightly browned.
• Evenly divide the trout fillet(s) between two plates and drizzle with remaining lemon juice, if desired.
• Top with the seasonal greens and almonds, and serve with a side of rosemary-smashed potatoes!