Lemon Salmon Risotto with Asparagus & Dill
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Small bowl
- Large pot
1/2 lb. asparagus
1/4 cup dill, on
To taste salt & pepper
6-8 oz. canned wild salmon, pink
3 cups waterShop this recipe
Preheat the Oven & Prepare the Ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Rinse the asparagus and trim away 1/2-inch from the base of the spear.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into a small bowl, removing any seeds. Using the fine side of a grater, grate the lemon peel ('zest') until you have about 2 tbsp. of zest.
Roast the Salmon & Asparagus
- Place the asparagus spears on one side of the baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil.
- Place the salmon, skin-side down, on the other half of the baking sheet and drizzle with 2 tbsp. olive oil.
- Season everything with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast in the oven until the asparagus is fork-tender and the salmon is cooked through and skin flakes easily with a fork, about 12 minutes.
- Let salmon cool slightly then slice into 1-inch chunks.
Make the Risotto
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Stir in the Arborio rice and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the vegetable bouillon, lemon juice, lemon zest, and 2 cups of water.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Add 1 more cup of water and cook, stirring until absorbed, about another 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan.
Bring It All Together
- Evenly divide the risotto between two bowls or plates.
- Top with salmon and asparagus, and sprinkle with dill to serve!