Lemon Pork Chops on Kale & Red Pepper Fried Rice
- Small pot
- Medium bowl
- Large pan
1 1/2 cups water
to taste salt & pepper
1/4 cup sweet chili sauce (sesame oil, tamari, brown rice vinegar, chili okazu, coconut sugar)
9-12 oz. boneless pork cutletsShop this recipe
Rinse the Rice
- Rinse the rice in a fine sieve and add it to a small pot with 1 ½ cups of water and a pinch of salt.
- Bring to boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer and cook, covered, until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed, about 10-15 minutes.
Prepare the Ingredients
- While the rice cooks, rinse and roughly chop the kale.
- Rinse and dice the bell pepper.
- Cut the lemon in half. Squeeze the juice of one half into medium bowl, and remove any seeds. Cut the remaining lemon half into wedges.
- Mince the garlic and add it to the bowl with the lemon juice, along with the pork chops and Sweet Chili Sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat and refrigerate, 15-20 minutes.
Cook the Veggies
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the bell pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the kale and cook until wilted, about another 2-3 minutes.
Stir in the rice.
- Push the mixture to one side of the pan and add ½ tbsp. olive oil to the pan. Carefully crack the egg into the pan and scramble it. Stir to incorporate it.
- Evenly divide the mixture between two plates.
Bring It All Together
- Return the pan to the element. Add the pork chops with marinade and cook for 3 minutes.
- Flip the pork chops and continue to cook for about another 3 minutes until the meat is white and reaches a minimum internal temperature of 165ºF.
- Transfer the meat to a cutting board and cut the pork chops into strips. Serve on top of the rice with lemon wedges!