Lemon Maple Salmon with Roasted Squash, Rice & Greens
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Small pot
- Large pan
1¼ cups water
to taste salt & pepper
6-8 oz. wild salmon fillet (6oz)
¼ cup fresh city's lemon-maple dressing (olive oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, maple mustard, apple cider vinegar, sea salt)Shop this recipe
Preheat the Oven & Make the Rice
• Preheat the oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
• Rinse the rice in a fine sieve and add it to a small pot with 1 ¼ cups water and a pinch of salt. Bring to boil.
• Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer and cook, covered, until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed, about 25-30 minutes.
Roast the Squash
• Cut the squash in half, peel the skin, scoop out the seeds, and slice it into ½-inch thick wedges.
• Place on one half of the baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
• Roast for 15 minutes.
Bake the Salmon
• Remove the squash from the oven. Place the salmon, skin-side down, on the other side of the baking sheet.
• Use a fork to poke little holes all over the fillet(s) and season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Drizzle with ½ of the Lemon-Maple Dressing and return to the oven. Bake until the squash is fork- tender and the salmon is cooked through (its skin should flake easily with a fork), about 8-10 minutes.
Wilt the Greens
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
• Rinse and roughly chop the greens. Mince the garlic.
• Add both to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until the greens darken and wilt, about 2-3 minutes.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the rice between two plates and top each with a piece of salmon. Drizzle with the remaining Lemon-Maple Dressing.
• Serve with squash and greens on the side!