Lemon Asparagus Penne with Green Onion & Goat Cheese
- One small bowl
- Large pot
- Small pan
200g semolina penne rigate, bulk
1 asparagus, 1/2 lb
6 oz peas, snow
a pinch, canadian sea salt
a pinch, medium ground black pepperShop this recipe
Prepare the Ingredients
• Rinse the asparagus, peas, and green onions.
• Trim or snap off the bottom inch of the asparagus, and cut the remaining spears into 1-inch pieces.
• Dice the green onion.
• De-shell the peas if necessary.
Prepare the Lemon
• Cut the lemon in half. Squeeze the juice of one half into a small bowl, and remove any seeds.
• Using the fine side of a grater, 'zest' (grate) the lemon peel until you have about 1 tsp. of zest.
• Cut the 'zested' lemon half into wedges.
Boil the Penne & Asparagus
• Bring a large pot of water with a pinch of salt to boil.
• Once boiling, add the penne and cook for 8 minutes.
• Add the asparagus and continue to boil until the penne is tender-firm (al dente) and the asparagus is tender-crisp, about another 3-4 minutes.
• Drain in a colander in the sink and return to the pot.
• Stir in the peas.
Make the Sauce
• Melt the butter in a small pan over medium heat.
• Add 1/2 cup warm water, the flour and vegetable bouillon.
• Cook, stirring frequently, until the sauce thickens, about 2-3 minutes.
• Remove from heat and stir in the goat cheese, lemon juice and zest. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Bring it All Together
• Pour the sauce into the pot with penne and asparagus, and stir to combine.
• Evenly divide the Lemon Asparagus Penne between two bowls and garnish with green onions and fresh wedges of lemon to serve!