Leftover Mashed Potato Crusted Quiche
Leftover mashed potatoes (if you have any!) are among the most coveted of all Thanksgiving leftovers. Turn them into a ready-to-go breakfast for next morning's breakfast or lunch with this recipe from Teacher-Chef.
2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
4 sweda eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon mixed spices of your choice (options: garlic, nutmeg, blends, etc)Shop this recipe
Prep: chop the broccoli and onions. Shred the cheddar cheese.
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Place broccoli in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender but still firm, about 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3. Brush a deep 9 inch pie dish with olive oil and press the potatoes in. Brush with remaining olive oil.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
5. Arrange onions, broccoli and cheese in the potato crust. Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and other spices. Pour over broccoli and cheese.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until slightly puffed and cooked throughout. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.