Leek & Mushroom Quiche with Quinoa Crust & Spinach
- Round baking dish
- Small pot
- Medium pan
- Large bowl
¾ cup ecuadorian quinoa
1½ cups water
to taste salt & pepper
2 cups spinach, loose
6 eggs eggs, half-dozen hope
¼ cup milk, 2% lactose-free
¼ cup shredded parmesan
2 tsp. fresh city's italian spice mix (thyme, italian seasoning, onion powder, paprika)
1 tbsp. balsamic vinegarShop this recipe
Preheat the Oven & Cook the Quinoa
• Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Grease a round baking dish with 2 tbsp. olive oil
• Rinse the quinoa in a fine sieve and add it to a small pot with 1 ½ cups of water and a pinch of salt. Bring to boil.
• Reduce the heat to simmer. Cook, uncovered, until the quinoa is tender and water is absorbed, 10-15 minutes.
Cook the Veggies
• While the quinoa cooks, rinse and dry the leek and spinach. Thinly slice the leek, mince the garlic, and wipe and slice the mushrooms.
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat.
• Add the garlic and cook until tender and fragrant, 2-3 minutes. Add the leek and mushrooms and cook until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat.
Make the Crust
• In a large bowl, combine 1 egg, the cooked quinoa, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and transfer to the round baking dish.
• Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the dish. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
Prepare the Filling
• While the crust bakes, rinse your large bowl. Add the remaining eggs and milk. Whisk with a fork.
• Grate the Parmesan, if not pre-shredded, and add half to the bowl. Stir in the Italian Spice Mix, and the mushroom and leek mixture.
Bring It All Together
• Remove the crust from the oven and pour the filling inside. Top with the remaining Parmesan and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
• Rinse your large bowl. Add 1 tbsp. olive oil, spinach, and balsamic vinegar. Toss well to coat.
• Once the quiche has cooled slightly, cut into wedges