- Cheese grater
- Large pan
- Baking sheet
- Large bowl
3/4 cup white quinoa, 3/4 cup (130g)
1/2 leeks, large stalk
2 cups loose baby spinach, clam
6 half-dozen small flock's delight (small) eggs
1/2 tsp. italian seasoning
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. paprikaShop this recipe
Preheat Oven & Prepare Ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Rinse the leek, kale and apple. Thinly slice the leek and dice the apple. Remove the kale leaves from the stem, and roughly chop them.
- Cut away the dark green ends of the leek, and dice the lighter green/white stalk. Rinse the diced pieces.
- Slice the mushrooms. Grate the mozzarella and set aside.
Prepare the Toppings
- Remove the thyme leaves from the stem.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the leek slices and thyme, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Sauté for 5-7 minutes, until softened. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 4 more minutes.
Bake the Pitzas
- Place the pitas on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread half of the pumpkin-pesto mixture on top of each pita. Top with leeks and mushrooms, and sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Bake in the oven for 7-9 minutes, until pitzas are crisp and the edges are browned.
Bring It All Together
- While the pitzas are baking, combine the chopped kale, diced apples and dried cranberries in a large bowl. Drizzle with poppy seed dressing and toss thoroughly to coat.
- Once cool enough to handle, cut the pitzas into wedges, if desired, and divide evenly between two plates. Serve with apple-kale salad on the side!