Lamb Rogan Josh Curry with Tomatoes & Rice
- Large bowl
- Small pot
1 1/2 tbsp. indian spice mix (garlic powder, onion powder, garam masala, cumin, turmeric, chili powder)
to taste salt & pepper
6-8 oz. stewing lamb (dragonfly farm or field gate)
2 tbsp. ontario tomato paste
1 1/4 cups waterShop this recipe
Prepare the Ingredients
• Dice the onion.
• Mince the garlic and ginger.
• Rinse and quarter the grape tomatoes.
Cook the Curry
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
• Add the onion and garlic and cook until tender and fragrant, 2-3 minutes.
• Stir in the ginger, Indian Spice Mix, and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Stir in the lamb, tomato paste and 1 cup of water. Bring the mixture to boil.
• Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the lamb is cooked through, about 25-30 minutes.
Make the Rice
• While the curry simmers, make the rice.
• Rinse the rice in a fine sieve under cold water.
• Add it to a small pot with 1 ¼ cups water and bring to boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer and cook, covered, until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed, about 10-15 minutes.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the rice evenly between two bowls and spoon the Lamb Rogan Josh Curry on top.
• Garnish with a large dollop of yogurt to serve!