Lamb Gyro Patties with Cucumber, Tzatziki & Feta
- Baking sheet
- Two small bowls
- Large bowl
1 tbsp. greek spice mix (oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley)
1 half-dozen small flock's delight (small or medium) eggs
8-10 oz ground beef (harley farms)
to taste salt & pepper
1/4 cup dill
1/4 cup sheldon creek chocolate greek yogurt
2 multigrain pita, single count
2 tbsp. goat fetaShop this recipe
Preheat the Oven & Prepare the Ingredients
• Preheat the oven to 400ºF and grease a baking sheet with 1 tbsp. olive oil.
• Rinse and dice the bell pepper.
• Rinse and roughly chop the romaine heart.
• Mince the garlic.
• Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into a small bowl, removing any seeds.
Bake the Patties
• In a large bowl, combine the Greek Spice Mix, panko/breadcrumbs, egg, ground lamb or beef, salt and pepper to taste, and half of the garlic.
• Using clean hands, mix well. Form the mixture into 2-inch balls. Place them on the baking sheet and flatten them into ½-inch patties.
• Bake until golden-brown, about 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Prepare the Tzatziki
• In the meantime, rinse and peel the cucumber. Cut it in half and scoop out the seeds. Mince the flesh.
• Rinse and roughly chop the dill.
• In another small bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, dill, half of the lemon juice and the remaining garlic.
• Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir.
Bring It All Together
• Cut the pitas in half and place them directly on an oven rack to lightly toast them, about 1-2 minutes.
• Rinse and dry the large bowl used earlier. Add 1 tbsp. olive oil, the remaining lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Add the lettuce and toss.
• Fill each pita half with patties, tzatziki, red pepper and crumbled feta.
• Evenly divide between two plates and serve with a side of salad!