Korean Cabbage BBQ Bowl with Tofu & Sesame Seeds
- Small pot
- Medium pot
- Large pan
1 1/2 cups water
to taste salt & pepper
3/4 cup bbq sauce (tomato sauce, apple cider vinegar, tamari, ketchup, cayenne pepper, paprika, cumin, onion powder)Shop this recipe
Cook the Quinoa
• Rinse the quinoa in a fine sieve and add it to a small pot with 1 ½ cups water and a pinch of salt.
• Bring to boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer and cook, covered, until tender and water is absorbed, about 10-15 minutes.
Prepare the Veggies
• In the meantime, mince the garlic and ginger.
• Cut the tofu into ½-inch thick strips.
• Rinse and chop the broccoli into florets.
• Rinse and thinly slice the carrot, zucchini and cabbage.
Cook the Tofu
• Heat half of the sesame oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add the BBQ Sauce and bring to
simmer. Stir in the garlic, ginger and tofu. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Let simmer until the sauce thickens slightly and the tofu absorbs some of the flavour, 6-8 minutes.
Cook the Veggies
• Heat the rest of the sesame oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
• Add the carrot to the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
• Stir in the broccoli, zucchini, and cabbage, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Continue to cook until the veggies are tender-crisp, about 5-7 minutes.
• Stir in the tofu-sauce mixture. Remove from heat.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the quinoa and tofu/veggie mixture between two bowls.
• Garnish with sesame seeds to serve!