With a custardy, flan-like batter, this French dish can be made in both sweet and savoury form. We're making a summery, savoury version today with zucchini, kale and cheese. Serve it with a simple salad and some fresh bread.
There is no ingredients for this recipe
Kale & Zucchini Clafoutis
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium zucchinis, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped stemmed black kale leaves
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sliced brie or goat cheese with rind
In large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add zucchini, garlic and green onion. Cook, stirring from time to time, until zucchini turns light golden and softens, about 8 minutes. Srape mixture into strainer to remove excess moisture. Stir in kale, rosemary and half each of the salt and pepper.
In large bowl, whisk together flour, milk, eggs (one at a time) and remaining salt and pepper until smooth; set aside. Pour zucchini mixture into lightly greased 10-inch quiche dish or pie plate. Pour milk mixture overtop. Dot with cheese.
Bake in 350°F oven until top is light golden, about 35 minutes.