Italian Sausage on Quinoa with Grape Tomatoes & Spinach
- Large pan
- Small bowl
- Small pot
1½ cups water
2 tsp. fresh city's italian spice mix (sage, garlic powder, rosemary)Shop this recipe
Cook the Sausage
• Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
• Add the sausage(s) to the pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Cook the sausage(s), flipping occasionally, until browned on all sides and cooked through, about 10-15 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
Prepare the Produce
• In the meantime, rinse and roughly chop the spinach.
• Rinse and halve the grape tomatoes.
• Rinse and dice the cucumber.
• Dice the shallot.
• Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into a small bowl, removing any seeds.
Make the Quinoa
• Rinse the quinoa in a fine sieve and add it to a small pot with 1 ½ cups water and a pinch of salt. Bring to boil.
• Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer and cook, uncovered, for about 7-8 minutes.
• Stir in the lemon juice, shallots, spinach, and Italian Spice Mix.
• Continue to cook until the quinoa is tender and the water is absorbed, about another 3-5 minutes.
• Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Bring It All Together
• Cut the sausage(s) into 1-inch slices.
• Evenly divide the quinoa mixture between two bowls.
• Add sausage, cucumber, and grape tomatoes!