Italian Chicken Meatball Spaghetti with Caesar Salad
- Baking sheet
- Large bowl
- Large pot
¼ cup panko japanese style breadcrumbs
2 tbsp. water
¼ cup herb, living basil
2 tbsp. sun-dried tomatoes
To taste salt & pepper
200g fresh pasta bucatini
1 pack garden herb crunchy peas, snack size
2 tbsp. sea-zar serenity, ceasar dressingShop this recipe
Preheat the Oven & Soak the Breadcrumbs
• Preheat the oven to 400ºF and grease a baking sheet with 1 tbsp. olive oil.
• In a large bowl, combine the breadcrumbs with 2 tbsp. water.
• Let soak for 5 minutes.
Make the Meatballs
• In the meantime, rinse and roughly chop the basil.
• Mince the garlic and shallot.
• Roughly chop the sun-dried tomatoes.
• Grate the Parmesan, if not pre-shredded.
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and shallots and cook until tender and fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
• Add the chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, and half of the Parmesan and basil to the bowl with the breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste and add the cooled garlic and shallot mixture. Mix well and form into 1-inch meatballs.
• Place the meatballs on the baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes. Rinse the large pot.
Make the Spaghetti
• While the meatballs bake, fill the large pot with water and a pinch of salt and bring to boil over high heat.
• Add the spaghetti and cook until tender-firm (al dente), about 8-10 minutes.
• Drain in a colander in the sink.
Make the Salad
• Rinse, pat dry and tear the romaine lettuce leaves.
• Rinse and dry the large bowl used earlier and add the lettuce
• Add the crunchy peas and drizzle with the Sea-Zar
Serenity Dressing. Toss to coat and sprinkle with half of the remaining Parmesan.
Bring It All Together
• Place the large pot over medium heat. Add the tomato sauce and meatballs, and simmer until cooked through, 15 minutes.
• The meatballs are done when they’ve reached an internal temperature of 165ºF and show no signs of pink.
• Evenly divide the noodles between two plates. Top with sauce and meatballs. Garnish with the remaining basil and Parmesan to serve!