Hunker down and cozy up with a hearty bowl of Irish Stew! This stew will warm you up on even the chilliest winter evenings. We use 100% Grassfed beef and our housemade beef stock from The Healthy Butcher to achieve a rich and tender stew. Paired beside classic organic veggies, serve this stew with a slice of Mabel's bread!
4 medium carrots, rainbow (loose)
450 grams nz grassfed beef, stewing beef
4 cups stock, beef/veal organic
2 tablespoons flour, all purpose (unbleached), fresh city jar
3 sprigs herb, italian parsley
2 tablespoons olive oil, ev organicShop this recipe
- 2 medium yellow potatoes
- 4 medium carrots
- 2 medium yellow onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1lb stewing beef
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Kosher salt and fresh-cracked black pepper, for seasoning
- 4 cups beef stock
- 3 sprigs parsley
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
1. Chop the potatoes into dice-sized cubes. Set aside. Remove the carrot tops and chop into dice-sized pieces. Set aside.
2. Peel and thinly slice onions. Set aside. Peel the garlic. Set aside.
3. Over high heat, heat a large skillet and coat with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Once the pan is hot and the oil is shimmering, add the stewing beef.
3. Brown the beef, flipping it every so often. Brown all sides. Once finished, transfer the beef to a large stock pot. Set aside.
4. Add remaining oil to the skillet and turn the heat down to medium. Add the sliced onion and saute until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Add in the flour to coat the onions. Continue to sauté.
5. Once everything is well coated, remove the skillet from heat and add onions to the stock pot with the beef. Add the chopped carrots, salt, beef stock and garlic cloves to the stock pot.
6. Cover the pot. Bring everything to a boil. Once boiling, turn the heat down to low and simmer covered for 1 1/2 hours.
7. Add potatoes and simmer covered for another 45 minutes. Once the potatoes are tender, bring everything to a boil over high heat for 10-12 minutes, uncovered.
8. To finish, add a handful of torn parsley, salt, and pepper. Stir everything together.
9. Serve and enjoy!