Huevos Rancheros with Black Beans & Avocados
- Large pan
- Two medium bowls
- Small pan
1 tbsp. essential spice mix (cumin, coriander, garlic powder)
To taste salt & pepper
2 tbsp. water
¼ cup organic medium salsaShop this recipe
Prepare the Ingredients
• Dice the onion.
• Rinse and halve the grape tomatoes.
• Rinse and roughly chop the cilantro.
• Rinse the black beans in a colander in the sink.
• Cut the lime into wedges.
• Peel, pit and slice the avocado.
Make the Filling
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
• Add the onion and Essential Spice Mix, and cook until tender and fragrant, 2-3 minutes.
• Stir in the tomatoes and black beans, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for another 2 minutes, then transfer to a medium bowl.
Scramble the Eggs
• Rinse and dry the large pan and return it to the element over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp. olive oil.
• Crack the eggs into another medium bowl, and add 2 tbsp. water. Whisk with a fork.
• Pour the eggs into the pan and season with salt and pepper to taste. As the eggs begin to set, gently pull them across the pan with a spatula, until cooked through and scrambled, 3-4 minutes.
Warm the Tortillas
• Place a small pan over medium-high heat.
• Once warm, add the tortillas, one at a time. Heat until warm and pliable, about 30 seconds per side.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the tortillas between two plates and top with scrambled eggs.
• Garnish with a few slices of avocado, crumbled feta, salsa, cilantro, and wedges of lime for squeezing!