Honey & Rosemary Roasted Chicken
- Small bowl
- Deep baking dish
- Large bowl
- Medium pan
- Aluminum foil
To taste salt & pepperShop this recipe
Preheat the Oven & Prepare the Ingredients
• Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
• Rinse the carrots and collard greens.
• Cut any carrots that are much larger to match the size of the smallest carrot.
• Roughly chop the collard greens.
• Cut 2 lemons into thin slices. Cut remaining lemon in half.
• Peel and chop the onions into quarters.
Prepare the Chicken
• Squeeze the juice of the halved lemon into a small bowl, removing any seeds. Add the honey, olive oil, 1 tbsp. rosemary (removed from the spring), and salt and pepper to taste. Whisk well with a fork to combine.
• Add the chicken to a deep baking dish, and rub with the honey sauce. Let marinate in the fridge for anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours.
Cook the Chicken
• In a large bowl, coat the carrots with 1 tbsp. olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Surround the chicken with carrots, onion quarters, and additional rosemary sprigs.
• Roast the chicken in the oven until cooked through (with an internal temperature of 165ºF and showing no signs of pink), about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Steam the Collard Greens
• In the meantime, add the collard greens to the same bowl used earlier for the carrots and coat with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Add them to a medium pan with a bit of water over medium-high heat and steam for 2-3 minutes.
• About 5 minutes before removing the chicken from the oven, add the collard greens to the baking dish and cook for remaining time.
Bring It All Together
• Remove chicken from the oven and cover with aluminum foil. Let rest for about 30 minutes before serving. Carve the chicken and serve family style with the roasted veggies!