Honey Lime Cauliflower Wings
An easy recipe from My California Roots for the best party appetizer out there! Cauliflower is covered in a gluten-free batter and baked until crisp, then sauced with spicy cayenne sauce. Baked until crispy, these are impossible to resist! If you're not so hot on the spicy, reduce the cayenne to 1 tsp or even ½ tsp. If you like it hot (or are curious how hot it can get!) then use the full 3 tsp.
2 tablespoons brown flax seeds
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup almond meal
1/4 cup brown rice flour
1 teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons raw honeyShop this recipe
1. Preheat your oven to 425F. Cover a baking sheet with parchment. Combine the flax seed, water, and hot sauce in a large bowl and set aside to thicken.
2. Cut and break your cauliflower into bite-sized pieces.
3. Add the almond meal and brown rice flour to the flax mixture and mix well until no lumps remain. Add the cauliflower to the bowl with the flax batter and toss with a rubber spatula until the cauliflower is completely covered in the batter. Spread the cauliflower onto your baking sheet and space them apart as much as possible.
4. Bake for 10 minutes, tossing once halfway.
5. While the cauliflower bakes, combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl. When the cauliflower is finished baking, use a spoon to distribute the sauce over the cauliflower as best you can. Then toss the cauliflower in the pan (or remove to a bowl, but I'm lazy) until it is all evenly covered in the cayenne mixture. This requires quite a bit of tossing!
6. Return the pan to the oven and bake for another 7-10 minutes, until a bit crunchy. Serve immediately!
Chef's Note: If you need to make these ahead, just cook & cool and refrigerate until ready to use. When you are ready to serve, just reheat them in a 425F oven for 10 minutes until hot.