Heavenly Chicken with Herbed Vegetable Rice
- Baking dish
- Small bowl
- Small pot
1 yellow onion (single)
2/3 cup heavenly sauce (italian idol dressing, apricot preserve, onion powder, lemon juice, onion, canola oil, garlic powder, cornstarch, black pepper)
24-28 oz. boneless, skinless chicken thighs (field gate)
1¼ cups water
To taste salt & pepperShop this recipe
Bake the Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Dice the onion.
- Place the chicken thighs in a baking dish. Drizzle with 2 tbsp. olive oil and the Heavenly Sauce.
- Bake until the chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes. The chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF and shows no signs of pink.
Make the Rice
- While the chicken is baking, rinse and finely dice the bell pepper.
- Rinse the rice in a fine sieve under cold water and add it to a small pot with 1 ¼ cups water and a pinch of salt. Bring to boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer and cook, covered, until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the oregano and bell pepper. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Bring It All Together
- Evenly divide the herbed vegetable rice between two plates and top with some of the chicken.
- Scoop out any remaining sauce in the baking dish to drizzle on top of the dish to serve!