Healthy Chicken Parmigiana with Spinach & Spaghetti
- Wooden spoon
- Large pan
- Aluminum foil
- Large pot
1/4 cup breading mix (flour, panko/breadcrumbs)
to taste salt & pepper
3 tbsp. shredded mozzarella & cheddar
1/2 cup water
2 cups bunched spinachShop this recipe
Preheat the Oven & Bread the Chicken
• Preheat the oven to 350º F. Pour the Breading Mix onto a plate and season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Pound the chicken breast(s) with a wooden spoon so they are a bit wider and flatter. Dredge the chicken in the Breading Mix and set aside.
Pre-Cook the Chicken
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
• Add the chicken breast(s) and cook until golden-brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to the same plate used earlier and cover with aluminum foil.
Make the Spaghetti
• In the meantime, bring a large pot filled with water and a pinch of salt to boil. Once boiling, add the spaghetti and boil until tender-firm (al dente), 8-10 minutes.
• Rinse and drain in a colander in the sink.
Make the Sauce
• Rinse and quarter the grape tomatoes. Dice the onion and mince the garlic. Grate the Parmesan and mozzarella.
• Place the same large pan used earlier over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp. olive oil, and the onion and garlic, and cook until tender and fragrant, 2-3 minutes.
• Stir in the tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and water. Simmer until the mixture reduces and thickens, 10-12 minutes.
Make the Chicken Parmigiana
• Place the chicken breast(s) on top of the sauce in the pan and sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan.
• Cover the pan and reduce the heat to low. Simmer until the cheese is melted and the chicken is cooked through, about 7 minutes. The chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165º F and shows no signs of pink.
Bring It All Together
• Rinse, dry and roughly chop the spinach.
• Evenly divide the spaghetti and spinach between two plates. Top each with a piece of Chicken Parmigiana!