- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Medium & small bowl
- Serving bowls
1 lb. carrots, loose
to taste salt & pepper
2 lettuce, various living (summer mix)
1 bunch sprouts, micro mix
4 packs garden herb crunchy peasShop this recipe
Preheat the Oven & Roast the Carrots + Beets
• Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
• Rinse and scrub the carrots and beets to remove excess dirt.
• Grate half a pound each of the carrots and beets. Set aside in separate bowls.
• Dice the remaining half pounds of carrots and beets and add them to a medium bowl with 1 tbsp. olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
• Pour them onto the baking sheet and roast in the oven until fork-tender, about 25 minutes.
Prepare the Remaining Ingredients
• Rinse, core and dice the apples.
• Rinse and dice the cucumber.
• Peel, pit and slice the avocados.
• Rinse the living greens and micro sprouts.
Make the Honey-Lemon Dressing
• Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into a small bowl, removing any seeds.
• Add 2 tbsp. honey, ¼ cup olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Whisk with a fork until well combined.
Bring It All Together:
• Set a table with all the prepared veggies in serving bowls along with spoons.
• Remove the living greens and sprouts from their containers and set up scissors beside their trays.
• Arrange remaining toppings (chickpeas, dressing and dried cranberries) around the table.
• Set plates on one end of the table and utensils with serviettes on the end.
• Begin the harvest process and enjoy!
Tips for Leftover Ingredients:
• Seal extra toppings in reusable containers and use for salads during this week’s lunch!
• Honey can be sealed and stored in a cool, dry place for up to a year. Use in future dressings, desserts or to sweeten your tea!