Grilled Corn and Black Bean Salad
My favorite way to prepare corn is to cook it directly on the grill, letting the sides char slightly to give it a smoky and delicious flavor. So, I decided to jazz up my black bean salad by grilling the corn first. I love the combination of the smoky corn with the bright flavors of the cilantro and lime.
This salad can be served as a dip with tortilla chips, but I think it is delicious on its own. I served it slightly chilled, but it could also be served while the corn is still warm from the grill.
1 14.5 ounce can of black beans, rinsed and drained
2 small whole tomatoes (or 1 pint of cherry tomatoes), diced
1/2 cup sweet onions, diced
0 extra virgin olive oil
0 medium ground black pepperShop this recipe
1. Preheat a grill to medium heat. Drizzle the four ears of corn with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Grill the corn for 2-3 minutes on each side, allowing the corn to char slightly.
2. Remove from the grill and allow to cool. Once the corn is cool enough to handle, cut the kernels off of the cob.
3. Combine the corn, black beans, tomatoes, and onion in a large bowl.
4. Add the chopped cilantro and squeeze the lime over the mixture.
5. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and season with a pinch of salt and some freshly ground pepper.
6. Stir to combine all of the ingredients.