Green Goddess Rice Bowl with Sweet Potato & Sprouts
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Blender/food processor
- Large bowl
- Small pot
½ lb. sweet potato
To taste salt & pepper
¾ cup white arborio rice
1¼ cups + ¼ cup water
½ cup mung bean sprouts
½ cup peas, snowShop this recipe
Bake the Tofu & Sweet Potato
• Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
• Scrub the sweet potato and cut away any blemishes. Slice into ¼-inch thick rounds or half moons.
• Cut the tofu into ½-inch cubes and add to a large bowl. Drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat and pour onto the baking sheet.
• In the same bowl, toss the sweet potato with 1 tbsp. olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
• Bake until the the tofu is golden-brown, about 20 minutes. Remove the tofu from the oven and set aside. Return the sweet potatoes to the oven and continue to roast until fork-tender, about another 15-20 minutes.
Make the Rice
• In the meantime, rinse the rice in a fine sieve. Add it to a small pot with 1 ¼ cups water and a pinch of salt. Bring to boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
• In the meantime, rinse and trim away the ends of the peas (if using snap peas). Cut into ½-inch pieces.
• After the rice has cooked for 10 minutes, add the peas and continue to cook, covered, until the rice and peas are tender, and water is absorbed, about 2-3 minutes.
Make the Green Goddess Dressing
• Mince the garlic. Peel, pit, and slice the avocado.
• Rinse and roughly chop the cilantro.
• Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into a blender or food processor, and remove any seeds.
• Add the avocado, garlic, cilantro and ¼ cup water. Blend until smooth, adding more water if needed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Bring It All Together
• Rinse the mung bean sprouts.
• Evenly divide the rice and peas between two bowls.
• Top with tofu, sweet potato, and sprouts.
• Drizzle with Green Goddess dressing and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds to serve!