Green Garlic Pancakes
1/4 cup tamari soy sauce
0 vegetable oil or peanut oil
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup warm water
1 teaspoon unrefined sesame oil
1 cup green garlicShop this recipe
1. Rinse and chop the green garlic. Mince the garlic and ginger.
2. Make the dipping sauce by whisking together the tamari, brown rice vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, minced ginger and minced garlic in a bowl.
3. To make the pancakes, add the flour to a large mixing bowl and slowly stir in the warm water to form the dough. Transfer to a floured board and knead three or four times. Using a knife, cut the dough ball into four even pieces. Take one ball of dough and, using a rolling pin, begin to roll into a circle. Sprinkle the green garlic over the dough and fold it into itself three or four times, until there is green garlic evenly placed throughout the dough ball. Roll out again into a circle about 8 inches in diameter. Repeat with the remaining dough.
4. Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. While it’s heating, brush the pancakes on each side with vegetable oil. Sprinkle each side with a pinch of salt. Fry in the pan for 2-3 minutes, or until it turns golden brown. Flip the pancake and cook for another 2-3 minutes, being careful not to burn it. Repeat with the remaining pancakes.
5. Transfer to cutting board and cut into wedges. Serve with dipping sauce.