Cool off with this refreshing Greek-Inspired Zucchini & Quinoa Salad! We use fresh tomatoes, red onion, zucchini, and quinoa for a filling base and top it with tangy feta. This summer salad is finished with a simple olive oil and lemon dressing. Try this dish for your next weekday lunch!
4 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin
150 grams cheese, feta plain
1/2 cup mixed olivesShop this recipe
2 cups mixed tomatoes (grape, cherry, field etc.)
1 zucchini, sliced
1/2 red onion, peeled and diced
1 cup quinoa
4 tbsp olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
150 g feta
1/2 cup mixed olives
Black pepper and salt, for seasoning
1. Core and cut the large tomatoes into wedges and halve the cherry or grape tomatoes. Set aside.
2. Remove the ends of the zucchini and thinly slice. Set aside. Peel and dice the red onion. Set aside.
3. Boil a pot with 2 cups water, lightly seasoned with salt. Add the quinoa and reduce to simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed.
4. In a small bowl, combine oil, the juice of 1 lemon, salt and pepper, to season. Mix until well incorporated.
5. Plate the zucchini, quinoa, tomatoes, and onions. Tear the olives. Crumble the feta and top the salad. Drizzle everything with dressing and season with an extra few turns of a fresh black pepper mill. Serve and enjoy!
Optional: Pour 1-2 tbsps of the dressing over the diced red onion to reduce its sharpness in the salad.