Greek Gyro Patties with Cucumber, Tzatziki & Feta
- Baking sheet
- Two large bowls
2 tbsp. ripe whole black olives
2 tbsp. lemon-maple dressing (olive oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, dijon mustard, salt, apple cider vinegar)
to taste salt & pepper
1 tbsp. greek spice mix (oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley)
1 single half-dozen hope eggs
8-10 oz. ground beef (harley farms)
2 TBSP. tahini dressing (lemon juice, olive oil, tahini, fig & date mustard, garlic powder)Shop this recipe
Preheat the Oven & Prepare the Ingredients
• Preheat the oven to 400ºF and grease a baking sheet with 1 tbsp. olive oil.
• Rinse and quarter the grape tomatoes.
• Rinse and roughly chop the salad greens.
• Mince the garlic.
• Cut the pitas in half and gently open the halves to make ‘pockets’.
• Add the olives and grape tomatoes to a large bowl and drizzle with the Lemon-Maple Dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and toss to thoroughly coat.
Bake the Patties
• In another large bowl, combine the Greek Spice Mix, panko/breadcrumbs, egg, ground lamb or beef, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
• Using clean hands, mix well.
• Form the mixture into 2-inch balls and place them on the baking sheet. Flatten them slightly so they are about ¾-inch thick.
• Bake until golden-brown, about 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Bring It All Together
• Toast the pitas if desired.
• To assemble the wraps, fill each pita ‘pocket’ with some of the patties, feta, salad greens, and olive/tomato mixture.
• Drizzle with the Tahini Dressing to serve!