Gourmet BBQ with Veggie Skewers
- Aluminum foil
- Large bowl
16 oz. beef, striploin steak
To taste salt & pepper
4 sausages pork sausage, honey garlic (harley farms)
2 potatoes, russetShop this recipe
Preheat the Grill & Prepare the Ingredients
• Preheat the grill to medium-high.
• Cut the steak into 4 equal striploins and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and set in the fridge for about an hour.
• In the meantime, rinse and slice the zucchini into ½-inch thick rounds.
• Wipe and halve the mushrooms.
• Roughly chop the onions.
• Rinse and chop the bell pepper into 1-inch pieces.
• Rinse, scrub and halve the potatoes.
• If using wooden skewers; soak in water to avoid burning.
Cook the Veggies
• Place the potatoes on aluminum foil and drizzle with1 tbsp. olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Wrap in foil.
• Add the remaining veggies to a large bowl and toss with 1 tbsp. olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
• Layer the vegetables on skewers.
• Add the potatoes to the grill and cook for 20 minutes. Then add the veggie skewers and continue to cook for 15 minutes.
Cook the Meat
• Increase the grill heat to high and add the steak and sausages (still cooking the potatoes and skewers).
• Grill meats until cooked throughout (both will take about 15 minutes, depending on how you like your steak and as long as there is no pink remaining in the sausages). The potatoes and skewers will also be done.
Bring It All Together
• Remove all ingredients from the grill.
• Potatoes can be topped with sour cream to serve.
Tips for Leftover Ingredients:
• Use your sour cream for tomorrow’s eggs benedict or make extra moist sour cream donuts for tonight’s dessert.