Ginger Beef with Kale on Herb Quinoa
- Large bowl
- Medium pot
- Large pan
3 tbsp. sesame ginger dressing (sesame oil, brown rice vinegar, maple syrup, miso paste, tamari, garlic powder, ginger)
To taste salt & pepper
1 12 cups waterShop this recipe
Marinate the Steak
• Mince the garlic and ginger.
• Add the steak to a large bowl with the garlic and ginger.
• Drizzle with half of the Sesame Ginger Dressing and season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Toss to thoroughly coat and then place in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
Make the Quinoa
• In the meantime, rinse the quinoa in a fine sieve and add it to a medium pot with 1 ½ cups water and a
pinch of salt. Bring to boil.
• Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer and cook, covered, until the quinoa is tender and water is absorbed, about 10-15 minutes. Set aside.
Cook the Steak
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
• Rinse and roughly chop the kale.
• Pour the steak strips into the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, about 5-6 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
• Reduce the heat to medium and add the kale. Cook until the kale has wilted, about 1-2 minutes.
Bring It All Together
• Rinse and roughly chop the basil and cilantro. Add it to the pot with the quinoa and season with salt and
pepper to taste. Mix well and evenly divide between two bowls or plates.
• Top with the steak strips and kale and drizzle with the remaining Sesame Ginger Dressing.
• Rinse and dice the green onions and sprinkle them on each dish to serve!