Fish Taco Fiesta
- Large pan
IngredientsShop this recipe
Prepare the Ingredients
• Rinse the trout fillet(s) and pat them dry. Season with taco seasoning until well covered. Set aside for 15 minutes.
• Rinse and shred the cabbage (either thinly slice with a knife or using a grater).
• Rinse and roughly chop the cilantro.
• Peel, pit and slice the avocado.
• Cut the limes into wedges.
Cook the Fish
• Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
• Add the trout fillet(s) and cook until the fish easily flakes, about 5-6 minutes per side.
• Remove the fish from heat and set aside on a paper towel-lined plate to remove excess oil.
Heat the Tortillas
• Wash and dry the large pan and place it over medium heat.
• One at a time, heat the tortillas until soft and pliable, about 30 seconds per side.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the tortillas on serving plates.
• Add the flaked fish, avocado, cabbage and cilantro.
• Top with salsa and serve with wedges of lime!
Tips for Leftover Ingredients
• Cover and store the cabbage in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Can be used for slaws or sauerkraut.
• Store the pico de gallo salsa in the fridge up until the best before date. Use as a dressing for a mexican grain bowl!
• Extra cilantro can be placed in a tall glass of water and set in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Use on top of soups, stews, salads or in juices.