Fiesta Tuna Bowl with Avocado & Crunchy Cabbage
- Small pot
- Medium pan
- Small bowl
1¼ cup water
to taste salt & pepper
2 tbsp. fresh city's zest-oh dressing (zest-oh pesto cilantro spread, apple cider vinegar, olive oil)
1 tbsp. waterShop this recipe
Make the Rice
- Rinse the rice in a fine sieve.
- Add it to a small pot with 1 ¼ cups water and a pinch of salt. Bring to boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer and cook, covered, until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed, 10-15 minutes.
Prepare the Ingredients
- In the meantime, rinse and quarter the grape tomatoes.
- Rinse and thinly slice the cabbage (or shred it with a grater, if desired).
- Peel, pit and slice the avocado.
- Rinse and dice the green onions.
Cook the Tuna
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat.
- Add the tuna and season with salt and pepper to taste. Sear the tuna for 3 minutes, then flip.
- Continue to sear for another 2-3 minutes or until the fish is moist, flaky, and cooked through.
- Transfer the tuna to a cutting board. Let cool before slicing into chunks.
Bring It All Together
- In a small bowl, combine the Cilantro Zest-Oh Dressing, 1 tbsp. olive oil and 1 tbsp. water.
- Evenly divide the rice between two bowls.
- Top with chunks of tuna, cabbage, tomatoes, and avocado.
- Drizzle with the cilantro dressing mixture and sprinkle with green onions to serve!