Fiddlehead & Gruyere Tart
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 leek, trimmed and sliced thin
3 sheets of phyllo dough, thawed
1 cup gruyere, grated
0 salt & pepper to taste
1/2 lb fiddleheads (do not eat raw)Shop this recipe
1. Rinse and steam the fiddleheads for 10-12 minutes or boil for 15 minutes. Preheat the oven to 375F.
2. Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the leek and cook until tender, about 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
3. Remove from heat, mix in the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
4. Cut the phyllo dough in half lengthwise, and place a sheet of the phyllo dough on a greased baking sheet, and brush it with oil.
5. Repeat with the remaining sheets each on top of the last.
6. Sprinkle the leek mixture over the phyllo followed by the cheese and finally the fiddleheads.
7. Bake until the phyllo dough is golden brown, about 20-30 minutes.