Feta-Crusted Salmon with Garlic Wilted Spinach Risotto
- Baking sheet
- Large bowl
- Medium pot
1 cup spinach, bunched
¼ cup panko japanese style breadcrumbs
¼ cup goat feta
7-9 oz. salmon, wild fillet (4oz)
3/4 cup white arborio rice, 3/4 cup (140 g)
2 tbsp. wine verjus
2 tsp. vegetable bouillon
3 cups waterShop this recipe
Preheat the Oven & Prepare the Ingredients
• Preheat the oven to 400°F and grease a baking sheet with 1 tbsp. olive oil.
• Dice the onion and mince the garlic.
• Rinse and roughly chop the spinach. If not pre-shredded, grate the Parmesan and set aside.
• In a large bowl, combine the panko/breadcrumbs, feta (crumble into bowl), and salt and pepper to taste. Toss to mix.
Bake the Salmon
• Place the salmon fillet(s) on the greased baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Spread the Dijon mustard over top.
• Coat with the breadcrumb-feta mixture and bake in the oven until the fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork, about 12-15 minutes.
Make the Risotto
• In the meantime, make the risotto.
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until tender and fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
• Add the arborio rice and stir. Let the rice ‘toast’ for about 1 minute.
• Stir in the wine verjus and vegetable broth powder. Add 1 cup of water and stir. Let simmer, stirring occasionally, until the water is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
• Add 2 more cups of water and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender, about 8-10 minutes.
• Stir in the spinach and cook until wilted, about another 1-2 minutes.
• Remove from heat. Stir in the butter and Parmesan.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the risotto between two plates.
• Top with the feta crusted salmon to serve!