Fenugreek, Cauliflower, and Bell Pepper Curry
A healty and tasty cauliflower curry that showcases fresh fenugreek. Not too spicy, and with a pop of colour from the red pepper, this curry is best served with rice, naan, or plain yogurt.
1.5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon whole cumin seed
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
2 green chilies, chopped
1 large white onions, sliced
2 teaspoons coriander powder
1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
1 handful fenugreek sprouts
1/2 teaspoon garam masalaShop this recipe
1. Get your ginger, garlic, and green chilies. Chop by hand, food processor, or Magic Bullet.
Slice the onion.
2. Heat a wok/pan on medium heat, add olive oil add the cumin seeds. Saute for a few seconds until they sizzle.
3. Add turmeric powder. Saute for a few seconds.
4. Add the ginger, garlic, and green chilies. Saute for 30 seconds or so.
5. Add the onion and salt. Lower the heat to dial medium-low. Saute untill onions are golden, about 5 minutes.
6. In the meantime, slice the bell peppers. Add the bell peppers and salt to the onions.
7. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Keep stirring in between.
8. In the meantime, cut the cauliflower into florets. Add the cauliflower, salt, red chili powder, and coriander powder.
9. Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until cauliflower is soft. Increase heat to medium heat. Keep stirring in between.
10. Add the fenugreek sprouts and sprinkle over the cauliflower.
11. Adjust salt. Add garam masala. Combine.
12. Turn off stove immediately. Wait 15 minutes before serving.