Extra Crispy Baked Broccoli & Cauliflower
There is no ingredients for this recipe
This delicious vegan, gluten-free side makes for a great companion to BBQ dinners. The cheesy garlicky flavour lends itself to a kid-favourite, family friendly dish.
- • 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets, washed and cut into bite size pieces
- • 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets, washed and cut into bite sized pieces
- • 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- • 2 tbsp hot sauce
- • 1 tsp kosher salt
- • 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- • 2 teaspoons oregano
- • 1 tablespoon arrow root starch (substitute with potato starch)
- • 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- • 1/4 cup rice flour (substitute for ap flour) Note: For spice sensitivities, substitute hot sauce with olive oil.
- • Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- • Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- • In a large mixing bowl, combine the broccoli and cauliflower.
- • Mix in the olive oil, hot sauce and salt until the florets are well coated.
- • Add the garlic powder, oregano, and arrow root starch. Mix until everything is well coated.
- • Add in the nutritional yeast and rice flour. Give everything one more big mix until the seasonings have tacked on well to the florets.
- • Evenly spread the seasoned florets on the parchment lined baking sheet. Do your best to avoid overcrowding the sheet. Space is important to get those florets nice and crispy.
- • Place the baking sheet in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 30 minutes, checking midway and rotating the sheet for consistent baking.
- • Remove the baking sheet from the oven and plate the broccoli and cauliflower to serve.
Nutrition Fact: Love children of wild cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower have similar benefits to their brassica counterparts. High in Vitamin K and a great source of fibre, these two vegetables will help lower blood pressure, improve digestion, bone health, and wound healing. You may not heal as rapidly as wolverine, but you sure will feel like a super hero when you pop a few of these crispy bites in your mouth.