Everyday Green Chopped Salad
This Jamie Oliver salad comes from Jamie’s Food Revolution, a collection of quick and easy recipes meant to inspire and empower even the most inexperienced cook. Add a little colour to our gray winter and enjoy this vibrant green salad tonight! Make it your own by adding tomatoes, or by swapping feta for the cheddar cheese.
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
2 tablespoons white or red wine vinegar
6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 handful basil leaves
4 spring onions
1 head of boston lettuce
1 carton alfalfa sprouts
0 sea salt and freshly ground black pepperShop this recipe
1. Peel and finely chop the garlic.
2. Put the garlic, mustard, vinegar and oil into a jam jar with a pinch of salt and pepper.
3. Put the lid on the jar and shake well.
1. Get yourself a big chopping board and a large sharp knife
2. It's best to start by chopping the harder, crunchier veg first so trim and chop your spring onions and slice your cucumber
3. Slice your basil
4. Bring it all into the centre of the board and continue chopping and mixing together
5. Halve your avocados around the big stone
6. Carefully remove the stone and peel the skin off
7. Add the avocado flesh, lettuce leaves, crumbled cheese and cress to the board and chop up too
8. When everything is well chopped, you'll have a big mound of salad on the board
9. Make a well in the middle and add your dressing
10. Mix up so everything gets well coated and serve on the board or in a bowl, sprinkled with a little watercress