Endive, Pear & Chevre Tart
2 tablespoons salted butter, divided
3 belgian endives, quartered lengthwise with cores removed
0 salt & pepper to taste
1 anjou pears, cored and thinly sliced
3 ounces crumbled goat cheese
2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
1 egg, beatenShop this recipe
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large nonstick skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat.
3. Add the endive and saute until golden and tender. Add the thyme, salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes longer. Remove from pan and allow to cool. Add the remaining tablespoon of butter and melt. Add the shallots.
3. Cook until caramelized, about 10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
4. Add the pears to the pan and saute until crisp tender, about 5 minutes. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Join the two puff pastry sheets together to form a large rectangle. Evenly scatter the shallots over dough being sure to leave a border. Next, evenly distribute the endive. Top with pears and sprinkle with goat cheese. Add a little water to the beaten egg. Brush border with egg wash.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown.