Eggplant Lasagna with Ricotta and Cashew Cheese
1 medium eggplant
5.25 cups tofu ricotta
1/2 cup cashew cheese
1 jar of marinara sauce
3 roma tomatoes slices (optional)Shop this recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare the tofu ricotta. Stir the cashew cheese and spinach leaves into the ricotta. Next slice the eggplant lengthwise into thin layers.
3. In a pan lightly coated with oil, cook the eggplant slices until lightly browned and mostly soft on each side (~5 minutes each side).
4. Now it’s time to layer everything in a 2.2 qt glass baking dish (7×11). Layer as follows: marinara on the bottom, eggplant, ricotta-cashew cheese, eggplant, lots of marinara and panko bread crumbs.
5. Place three slices of tomatoes brushed with a little oil on top. Bake this for 30 minutes covered with foil and then about another 30 minutes without foil.