Easy Recipe: Buttery Turnip Puree
8 small-medium turnips (peeled or washed with a potato scrubber)
0 celtic sea salt
0 garlic powder
0 medium ground black pepperShop this recipe
1. I peeled the turnips with the back of a spoon since I couldn’t find my peeler. Their skin was pretty thin so brushing with a potato scrubber would also be fine.
2. Cut turnips into 1/2″ cubes and drop into boiling water until they’re fork tender (about 10-15mins).
3. Place cooked, drained turnip cubes into your food processor with butter and seasonings to taste. Add small amounts at a time and continue to taste until it’s as you like it. You may want to add more butter as well. Spoon into a serving dish and garnish with fresh chives or store for later in a glass storage container.
Variations and other ideas:
- Cube, boil and puree with a mix of carrots and turnips
- Serve under a piece of broiled fish
- Drizzle olive oil into the puree instead of butter or garnish with olive oil