- Large pot
- Small pot
½ lb. bok choy
1 tbsp. biodynamic extra virgin olive oil
¼ + 3/4 cups water
¼ cup fresh city's sweet chili sauce (sesame oil, tamari, brown rice vinegar, chili okazu, coconut sugar)
2 bay leaf, whole
¾ cup white arborio rice
To taste salt & pepperShop this recipe
Prepare the Ingredients
• Dice the onion.
• Rinse and roughly chop the bok choy.
• Rinse and chop the broccoli into florets.
• Rinse and dice the green onions.
• Cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces.
Make the Chicken Adobo
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
• Add the garlic and onion. Cook until tender and fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
• Add the chicken, ¼ cup of water, the Sweet Chili Sauce, and the bay leaves. Bring to boil.
• Once boiling, reduce the heat and let simmer for 25 minutes, adding more water, one tablespoon at a time, if needed.
• Stir in the bok choy and broccoli and continue to simmer until it is wilted, about 5 more minutes.
• The chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F and shows no signs of pink.
Make the Rice
• While the adobo is simmering, rinse the rice in a fine sieve and add it to a small pot with a pinch of
salt, ¾ cup of water and the coconut milk.
• Bring to boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer and cook, covered, until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed, about 10-15 minutes.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the rice between two bowls.
• Spoon half of the Chicken Adobo on top. Season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with green onions to serve!