Deconstructed Sushi Bowl with Teriyaki Dressing
- Small pot
- Small bowl
- Large bowl
- Medium pan
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup teriyaki dressing (brown rice vinegar, tamari, sesame oil)
6-8 oz. wild salmon fillet (6oz)
1/4 field cucumber
1/4 cup nori krinkles
1 tbsp. sesame seedsShop this recipe
Make the Rice
• Rinse the rice in a fine sieve under cold water.
• Add it to a small pot with 1 ½ cups water and bring to boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer and cook until rice is tender and water is absorbed, about 10-15 minutes.
Marinate & Cook the Salmon
• In the meantime, mince the garlic and add it to a small bowl with the Teriyaki dressing. Mix well.
• Add the salmon fillet(s) to a large bowl and drizzle with half of the Teriyaki mixture. Toss to coat the
• Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat.
• Add the marinated salmon and cook until the skin flakes easily with a fork, about 4 minutes per side.
• Remove from heat and transfer to a cutting board before cutting it into 1-inch pieces.
Prepare the Veggies
• Rinse the carrot, cucumber, and green onion.
• Shred the carrot using a grater. Thinly slice the cucumber and green onion.
• Rinse and dry the large bowl used earlier. Add the carrot and cucumber to the bowl and drizzle with
half of the remaining Teriyaki mixture. Toss to coat.
• Peel, pit and slice the avocado.
Bring It All Together
• Assemble your sushi bowls! Evenly divide the rice between two bowls. Add the carrot, cucumber and
• Top each bowl with the salmon pieces and sprinkle with Nori Krinkles, green onions and sesame seeds.
• Drizzle with remaining Teriyaki dressing to serve!