Deconstructed Samosas with Peas, Carrots & Naan
• Large pan
• Medium pan
• Small bowl
2 carrots, loose
6-8 oz. peas
¼ cup waterShop this recipe
Prepare the Ingredients
• Scrub the potatoes and cut away any blemishes (peel, if desired). Slice them into ½-inch chunks.
• Rinse and drain the chickpeas in a colander in the sink.
• Dice the onion and mince the garlic and ginger.
• Rinse the carrots and cut them in half lengthwise, and then into ¼-inch thick half moons.
• Rinse the peas and de-shell them if using shelling peas.
• Rinse and roughly chop the cilantro.
Cook the Veggies
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
• Add the onion, ginger, garlic, and Indian Spice Mix. Cook until tender and fragrant, 2-3 minutes.
• Stir in the potatoes, carrots, and ¼ cup water. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
• Stir in the chickpeas, and reduce the heat to medium. Continue to cook, covered and stirring occasionally, until the veggies are tender, about 10-15 minutes. Add water if needed.
• Stir in the peas and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Toast the Naan
• In the meantime, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat.
• Add the naan and toast until golden-brown, a minute or so per side. Remove from heat and slice if desired.
Bring It All Together
• Rinse the small bowl used earlier. Add the yogurt and cilantro, and stir to combine.
• Evenly divide the chickpea and potato mixture between two bowls.
• Drizzle with cilantro-yogurt and serve with mango chutney and naan on the side!