Crunchy Cabbage Ramen with Carrots & Almonds
- Small pan
- Large pot
- Small bowl
- Large bowl
2 ramen noodle nests
1/2 cup sweet sesame dressing (sesame oil, tamari, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar)
to taste salt and pepper
150g extra firm tofuShop this recipe
Prepare the Ingredients
• Rinse the cabbage, carrots, and cilantro.
• Shred the cabbage and carrots using a grater. Roughly chop the cilantro and almonds.
• Mince the garlic and ginger. Cut the lime in half.
• Slice the tofu into ½-inch cubes.
Cook the Almonds, Tofu & Ramen
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a small pan and add the tofu. Cook, flipping halfway through, until
browned, about 5-6 minutes.
• Add the almonds and cook until toasted and aromatic, about 4-5 minutes.
• Bring a large pot filled with water and a pinch of salt to boil. Add the ramen nests and boil until
tender-firm (al dente), about 3-4 minutes. Loosen the noodles as they cook with a wooden spoon.
• Drain in a colander and set aside.
Make the Dressing
• In a small bowl, combine the sesame dressing with 3 tbsp. olive oil and the minced garlic and
• Squeeze half of the lime juice into the bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir.
Bring It All Together
• Cut the remaining lime half into wedges.
• In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, ramen, tofu and almonds.
• Pour the dressing on top and toss thoroughly to coat. Evenly divide the mixture between two
bowls and serve with cilantro and lime!