Crispy Herbed Chicken & Light Potato Salad
- Baking sheet
- Two large bowls
- Large pot
14-16 oz. chicken drumsticks
1/4 cup all purpose gluten-free flour
1 1/2 teaspoons italian spice mix (italian seasoning, thyme, onion powder, paprika)
to taste salt & pepper
1 egg half-dozen small flock's delight (small or medium) eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons lemon-maple dressing (olive oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, dijon mustard, sea salt, apple cider vinegar)Shop this recipe
Cook the Chicken
• Preheat the oven to 425ºF and grease a baking sheet with 1 tbsp. olive oil.
• In a large bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, flour, Italian Spice Mix, and salt and pepper to taste.
• Crack the egg into another large bowl and add the buttermilk. Mix well.
• Dip the chicken drumsticks in the egg/milk mixture, then coat in the breading mix. Transfer to the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining chicken drumsticks.
• Bake in the oven until golden-brown, crispy and cooked through, about 35-40 minutes. The chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF and shows no signs of pink.
Boil the Potatoes
• While the chicken is baking, rinse, scrub and dice the potatoes into ½-inch cubes.
• Add them to a large pot filled with water and a pinch of salt, and place over high heat.
• Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer and cook until the potatoes are fork-tender, 10-12 minutes.
• Drain the potatoes in a colander in the sink and rinse under cold water to prevent from cooking further.
Assemble the Potato Salad
• Rinse and dice the celery and pickle.
• Dice the shallot.
• Wash and dry the large bowl used earlier for the chicken breading. Add the potatoes, celery, pickle,
• Stir in the yogurt, Lemon-Maple Dressing, and salt and pepper to taste.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the crispy herbed chicken between two plates and serve with a side of light potato salad!