'Creamy' Vegan Broccoli Soup
Corn flour is finely ground cornmeal; you can find it in the grocery store or make it yourself by blending corn meal in your food processor or blender until very fine. The corn flour is what makes this soup ‘creamy.’
6 cups water
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
to taste salt & pepper
A few drops ontario hot sauce
1/4 cup corn flourShop this recipe
1. Prep your veggies; chop the broccoli. Dice the red potatoes, celery and onion. Mince the garlic. Chop the parsley.
2. In a large pot combine the water, salt, broccoli, and potatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 35 minutes, or until veggies are tender.
3. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large sauté pan and cook onion, garlic, celery and parsley for 10 minutes. Set aside.
4. Put the corn flour and 1/2 cup of water in small bowl and mix well until smooth.
5. Transfer the soup, the sautéed veggies and corn flour mixture to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. This may need to be done in batches.
6. Return the soup to the pot and reheat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve with a few drop of hot sauce (optional).