Creamy Butternut Linguine with Broccoli & Herbs
- Large pan
- Large pot
- Blender/food processor
2 cups water
2 tsp. fresh city's tuscan spice mix (sage, garlic powder, rosemary)
1 tsp. crushed chili pepperShop this recipe
Prepare the Ingredients
• Cut the squash in half and peel it. Scoop out the seeds with a spoon and cut the squash into ½-inch cubes.
• Rinse and chop the broccoli into small florets.
• Rinse and roughly chop the parsley.
• Mince the garlic.
Cook the Butternut Squash
• Place a large pan over medium heat.
• Add 2 cups water, the vegetable bouillon, squash, and salt and pepper to taste, and stir.
• Bring the mixture to boil, then reduce heat to simmer and cook until the squash is fork-tender, 15-20 minutes.
Boil the Noodles
• In the meantime, bring a large pot of water with a pinch of salt to boil.
• Once boiling, add the linguine and cook for 5 minutes.
• Add the broccoli and continue to cook until the noodles are al dente (tender-firm), and the broccoli is fork-tender, about another 3-5 minutes.
• Rinse and drain in a colander in the sink. Return to the pot.
Make the Creamy Butternut Sauce
• When the squash has cooked, drain in a colander in the sink. Transfer half of the squash pieces to the pot with the noodles and broccoli, and the other half to a blender or food processor.
• Add the garlic, Tuscan Spice Mix, Dijon mustard, and nutritional yeast to the blender/food processor and blend until smooth. You may add a bit of water if you prefer a thinner sauce. Season well with salt and pepper to taste and stir in the crushed chili pepper, if desired.
Bring It All Together
• Pour the creamy butternut sauce on top of the pasta, broccoli and squash pieces.
• Stir in half of the parsley and mix well.
• Evenly divide the linguine between two plates or bowls and top with the remaining parsley to serve!